No Current Vacancies
Applications closeD Sunday 4th September
Senior Advisor – FOMA Workforce Development
FOMA is a member organisation whose members represent a diverse cross section of Māori Business including forestry, fisheries, agriculture, tourism, energy, property, and investments. FOMA is invested in Māori Economic Transformation through the following pathways seeking to share vision and values in meaningful partnerships, be a thought leader with information and technology to enhance influence and advocate for Members, identify and nurture leaders and future makers, and create intergenerational wealth and wellbeing.
About Muka Tangata
Muka Tangata – People, Food and Fibre Workforce Development Council will contribute to the creation of sustainable, globally engaged, and adaptive Aotearoa in tertiary education, with a focus on industries including agriculture, horticulture, fishing, and aquaculture. More information about Muka Tangata can be found at www.mukatangata.nz
Te āhua o te tūrunga – The nature of the position
Te hunga kei te iho o ā tātou kai, ā tātou muka ki tua
People at the heart of our food and fibre future
At Muka Tangata, Māori aspirations in the food and fibre sector are an integral part of our entire work programme. As such, we have partnered with FOMA to develop a position to work on projects and initiatives that relate to workforce development in line with FOMA members’ aspirations. This role will be based in Tauranga. Please note this is a 12 month fixed term position.
Your role will include:
- Building an understanding of the aspirations of FOMA membership for workforce development, and work with members on workforce development planning to support those aspirations.
- Advise FOMA members on ways in which the vocational education system can contribute to their workforce development aspirations.
- Work closely with identified FOMA members to develop initiatives that will enhance and add value to workforce development aspirations.
- Support FOMA to share ideas and experiences of members that might add value to workforce development in other rohe.
- Advise Muka Tangata on FOMA membership workforce development aspirations to ensure they are incorporated across all Muka Tangata workforce development plans.
- Advise Muka Tangata on matters to be incorporated into industry skills leadership work in its advice to government that will support FOMA members aspirations and goals for workforce development.
This role will demonstrate Māori-Crown relations at work. It formally reports to the Manukura at Muka Tangata and will report to FOMA regarding the projects and initiatives that will make up the work programme.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Whēako – Skills/qualifications/experiences for the role
If you have:
- Well-developed relationship management skills to work with a broad range of people and build connections and networks
- Confidence, subject matter expertise, and a passion for Māori development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills and ability to work at fast pace in a fluid environment
- A professional, positive, flexible, and diplomatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently but quick to ask for help and support when needed
- A can-do attitude and a sense of humour
We would love to hear from you!
Te tono – How to apply
Applications close Sunday 4th September